Integrated Logistics Management
For more than a decade, customers have relied on LSI to provide solutions to their most demanding logistics challenges.
LSI has taken the imperatives of logistics planning, implementing, and controlling and has formulated them into a simple repeatable approach. We understand and anticipate customer needs, provide talented people, and leverage and optimize technology in the fulfillment of our customers’ requirements.
LSI employs a unique combination of experienced staff members, effective analytical and implementation tools, and new technologies to increase service levels, reduce costs, and improve performance. LSI offers a full range of logistics analysis and consulting services on such topics as cost analysis, asset tracking, distribution management, inventory management, logistics readiness analysis, facilities maintenance and management, third party logistics, operational theater logistics, and supportability assessments.
LSI brings customers proven capabilities in supply chain and acquisition logistics :
- Logistics Management Training and Consulting
- Strategic, Operational and Tactical Logistics Planning and Implementation
- Logistics Programs & Project Management
- Performance Based Logistics (PBL) Management
- Logistics Systems Consulting, Procurement and Asset and Inventory Management
- Business Process Analysis – Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Assessment
- Total Life-Cycle Systems Management (TLCSM) Assistance
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Wholesale and Retail Supply Management
- Warehouse Operations and Distribution Management
- Item Unique Identification (IUID) and Logistics Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) System Implementation and Inventory Management
- Automated Property Accountability
- RFID Tagging
Life Cycle Support
Life Cycle Support (LCS) is the management of processes to satisfy the Warfighter’s weapon system sustainment requirements from cradle to grave. LSI understand that life cycle sustainment begins at the delivery of a product support package and continues throughout the operations and sustainment of the system. The LCS program must be continually updated to ensure sustainment performance satisfies the Warfighter’s needs.
LSI’s logistics and acquisition professionals provide post-production and deployment support to help our customers plan and implement life cycle management support for today’s complex systems. In providing these services, our professionals are guided by the requirements of DoD Directive 5000.1 and DoD Instruction 5000.2, as well as the policy and procedural requirements of the individual military services and their components.
Life cycle planning is an extremely complex process, requiring expertise in numerous disciplines, including logistics and acquisition management, but also system engineering, configuration management, data management, and financial management. From a logistics perspective, life cycle management must address all of the elements of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) while working within the larger sphere of systems operations and supportability. LSI’s life cycle professionals are typically Level III certified in both logistics and acquisition management and therefore have the capability to provide tremendous value to our customers and their programs.